Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Brunch at Green Street Tavern

I've had some great meals at Green Street Tavern over the years... but this wasn't one of them. The brunch menu was small and boring (so I ordered my usual burger), the service was indifferent and the portions were small. The burger was still delicious, as always, and it's nice that they offer bottles of Black Butte Porter, but they've gotten rid of the beer taps (I always enjoyed having a Warsteiner) and check out my friend's salad: they charged her $18 for a small chicken breast and scattered greens. 

It was a good meal, but not a great one.

6 comments:

SuperLarge said...

She should have ordered the rabbit.

Michelle said...

This place is in Pasadena, right? Not New York?

ChefProToss said...

Yeah, its in pasedena not NY. They are in cali only for a short while. They are still living in Brooklyn though.

Anonymous said...

This is a first... the guy above who says he's chefprotoss uhh... isn't. That would be me. I don't really care, but that's just really weird. I write for Grubgrade and my next post which should be published today or tomorrow is the new bk stuffed burger(Only the editor and I know that) just in case anyone wants proof. Sorry to highjack the comments. Also, great blog too.

-Chefprotoss

Mike N. said...

For a guy who doesn't like brunch you sure end up at brunch a lot. :) And do you mean they took out ALL the beer taps? That'd be pretty odd for a place with 'tavern' in the name. If it it so, I can't imagine why.

JustinM said...

They used to have my favorite brunch menu anywhere: steak & eggs, a wild boar sandwich, a "veggie cheesesteak"... all of the interesting items were gone last weekend and the brunch menu resembled something I would expect to see at a Holiday Inn. (Maybe higher-quality food, but not any more imaginative.)