Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Four Kinds of Sliders

I was at Whole Foods in the Bowery a couple of days ago and noticed they had pre-made slider patties. It had been a while since I'd made sliders, so that sounded good. 

I acquired four different kinds (though only the first two of these were from Whole Foods): 

 Gorgonzola and sun-dried tomato.

 Sweet onion and bacon.

At Paisano's I got a couple of turkey sliders, full of spices.

And some slider patties made with brisket and short rib. 

I grilled all of the patties on the Sanyo indoor grill. 

I added a thick slice of homemade pickle to the brisket/short rib slider. This one was my least favorite: it tasted like an overcooked, miniature version of one of the great Paisanos burgers. (Which, of course, is exactly what it was.)

The turkey was really good. I added some slaw to balance out the spices. (This was Elizabeth's favorite and my second-favorite.)

On the sweet onion patty, I drizzled some Ken's Steakhouse "Golden Vidalia" dressing for extra sweet onion flavor. This was my favorite of the bunch. It did not need any dressing; the onion flavor of the patty was delicious. I will definitely get a few of these again.

I ate the gorgonzola and sun-dried tomato slider unadorned. I should have added some cheese to it: I could barely taste the gorgonzola. The flavors of the patty were good, it's just that the cheese wasn't noticeable.

As I mentioned, the next time I make sliders I will probably just be cooking the sweet onion variety.

No comments: