Thursday, December 10, 2009

Crab Bisque

Somehow, Wednesday night has ended up as my favorite night of the week to watch television. UPN shows two hours of The Unit, which is probably one of my top 3 favorite shows ever. Dinner: Impossible is on Food Network, Man vs. Food is on Travel Channel, and now Steven Seagal: Lawman is setting a new bar for reality television. (Although, to be honest, I don't know if it's setting it low or high.) Throw into the mix last night an episode of Huell Howser on the California Zephyr and the Lakers-Jazz game, and it was definitely a night for making something simple and watching TV.

I had picked up a container of corn chipotle bisque the other day at the store, and that sounded good: something warm and a little spicy. I also decided to add some crab to it, so I got a container of lump crab meat from Whole Foods. 

Crab bisque is something I've only come around to in the last couple years, but I love it now. This was simple to make: I heated the bisque in a pot for about eight minutes. While it was warming I chopped a handful of cilantro, then added it and the crabmeat to the bisque and stirred it for half a minute. 

It was delicious, but a little too sweet. I added a few drops of Louisiana hot sauce and ground up some black pepper, and that made it better. Next time - and I will definitely make this again - I think I will dice up a jalapeno or puree a chipotle and add it to the bisque for even more spice. 

4 comments:

Melissa Good Taste said...

That sounds totally delish! I love Crab Bisque - in fact I have to finish the Lobster Bisque in my fridge today!

Kelli said...

Sounds pretty amazing. I made a great cream of wild mushroom soup the other night, I think I need to move on to a crab bisque.

JustinM said...

If I can do it, you can definitely do it.

Liz said...

I'm definitely ready for the more spicy version!!